In a small town in Indiana, surrounded by corn and alpacas, Kathy Palm is a wife and a mom. In a house covered in fur from four cats and a dog, Kathy attempts to cook and clean and do all the laundry. When the normal every day is over and the sun sets, she writes words. Creepy words. Dark words.
One must stare into the shadows, one must face the dark, so one can find the light.
Keep up with her on the web:
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS ABOUT KATHY YOU MAY NOT KNOW:
1. Her book shelves hold mostly YA and MG…and nearly all the works of Stephen King, which take up three shelves and sit below the Little House on the Prairie and Harry Potter series.
2. Some of her favorite authors include: Neal Shusterman, Scott Westerfeld, Holly Black, Amy Lukavics, and Stephen King.
3. Her Harry Potter wand wall, holds 18 replica wands.
4. She attends horror movies alone. AND LOVES IT. Especially when no one else is in the theater.
5. She believes in faeries. And they are NOT like Tinkerbell.
6. Kathy is a Trekkie, a Whovian, and a Browncoat. (Tom Baker is my Doctor.)
7. She’s been a member of The Midnight Society since 2015 and has found a group who truly understands what it means to love horror. Every member has taught her something, shown her something new, and she is super grateful for being a part of the group.
READ MY BOOKS
Graveyards, spirits, witchcraft, black cats, candy, and haunted houses.
Strange things happen on Halloween. All Hallows Eve is the single night where the veil between the living and the dead is opened. And now spirits, monsters, and candy will collide!
Seventeen authors and illustrators set out on a horrific journey to set the record straight. What really happens on Halloween night? Trick or Treating is not all fun and games. There are more tricks than treats scattered through these pages. Sure, All Hallows eve can be a scream. But sometimes, it’s straight-up murder.
Halloween Night: Trick-or-Treat is a middle grade and young adult horror anthology that takes place on Halloween night.
Read if you dare! You’re in for a scare!
What Lurks in Darkness by Kathleen Palm
Gothic Blue Book VI: A Krampus Carol
Gothic Blue Book VI: A Krampus Carol A collection of short horror stories and poems resurrect the spirit of the Gothic Blue Book.
Gothic Blue Books were short Gothic fictions popular in the 18th and 19th century. Burial Day Books presents its sixth Gothic Blue Book, A Krampus Carol. A Krampus Carol is a celebration of folklore and myth around Christmas, Yule, the cold winter months and Santa Claus’ opposite, Krampus.