It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That’s right: until November 26th, you have the chance to vote in the Goodreads Choice Awards. This is the tenth year of voting, and I look forward to it every year. Yes, I check out the winners in the end, but the best part for me is going through the nominees and finding books I want to read. Check out this year’s look at the Goodreads Choice Awards and the Best Horror of 2018 to find your next read!
Best Horror of 2018 Nominees
- Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
- Craven Manor by Darcy Coates
- Flight or Fright, an Anthology edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent
- The Woman in the Woods by John Connolly
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu
- Elevation by Stephen King
- Dracul by Dacre Stoker and J.D. Barker
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
- The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice
I’m never one to keep up with my reading as the year goes on, I tend to be a year behind. While this means I’m not the best voter, it works out well for me, because I can read last year’s best at the beginning of the next year. I’ll be checking out a lot of these as we move into 2019.
Because this is the ten year anniversary of the awards, they have a category for best of the best this year, where you can choose your favorite of the past winners for the overall show. But that got me wondering: who have been the favorites in the horror category for these past ten years?
A Look Back At Past Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Winners
- 2017 Winner: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King
- 2016 Winner: The Fireman by Joe Hill
- 2015 Winner: Saint Odd by Dean Koontz
- 2014 Winner: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
- 2013 Winner: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- 2012 Winner: The Twelve by Justin Cronin
- 2011 Winner: Graveminder by Melissa Marr
- 2010 Winner: <– There was no horror category this year!
- 2009 Winner: <– Same for this year.
Have you read any of these Best Horror of 2018 reads so far? Did you add any to your TBR? Let us know what you like in the comments!