Sadly, Bates Motel has come to an end for the third season. Norman’s hallucinations are increasing, and he’s committed another murder as “Norma,” bringing us closer in line with the movie canon. Norma has finally admitted that Norman is unstable, and that has increased the conflict between Norma and Norman. Dylan and Emma FINALLY kissed (so sweet!), and Emma’s getting new lungs. Caleb is gone again. Romero is in love with Norma and trying not to be. He’s sick of the corruption in the town.
Major Questions in Season 3
- How far should we go to break the law for people we love?
- Is it possible to keep anything uncorrupted by the evils of this world?
- How well do we accept our own shortcomings?
Predictions for Season 4
- When Norman realizes who he murdered, Norma will be able to convince Norman to go to an institution.
- Because the institution will be way expensive, Norma will beg Dylan for help, and Dylan will go to work for Chick, who may kill him at any moment.
- Caleb will return, try to get Dylan out of Chick’s business, and will probably die trying.
- Romero, on a pro-law kick, will arrest Dylan.
- Emma’s surgery will be scary, but it will go okay, for now. Norman will not be able her and Dylan being together; this may be another reason why he enters the institution.
- Norma will remove Norman from the institution when his doctor diagnoses him with Dissociative Disorder and tries to keep Norma from seeing Norman.
What did I miss for Bates Motel season 4? What are your reactions to the finale?