Well, another October here and gone.
And now it’s November.
I’m not quite sure where the time went, but I’m planning Thanksgiving dinner which is incredibly important. But there’s also another reason to celebrate…NaNoWriMo.
BTW, I suck at NaNo.
I’ve never won. Never finished a manuscript in a month. Have I stressed myself out during NaNo? Um, yup.
BUT NOT THIS YEAR!
This year WILL be different. Mostly because I have a different attitude about my writing. There will be no sucking at NaNo this year. And there are a few reasons why.
1. Because I’m not even trying to write 50k in one month. I can’t do it. Listen, I’m not being hard on myself just being honest and reasonable with my expectations for myself. Instead, I’m trying for around 30k. My goal is to finish the WIP I’ve been struggling with for the past few months.
2. No matter what, I will make time to write 1k. This is all I want to accomplish and while getting more is fabulous, I’ll be thrilled with a solid 1,000 words.
3. I have a support system in place. A few of my fellow Midnight Society bloggers and I will be cheering each other on in a secret group we’ve set up. Every writer needs to have a group of people with similar interests to touch base with. No one but a writer understands the struggle.
4. The WIP I’m working on is good. While it needs a ton of work, I think in the end it will be one of my best pieces of writing. I’ve posted about this on Tumblr and Twitter a bunch, but wait until you see how it’s changed.
5. I’m writing horror or paranormal romance…whatever it turns out to really be. So, hells yes!
Anyone else doing the whole NaNo thing? I’d love if you’d join me by posting a bit each day from your current WIP. Let’s support each other and celebrate the entire month of November by writing our butts off!!
And if you want to be buddies with me, I’m kissedbyink:)