As you may have noticed, it’s GHOST WEEK!!
Now I love Ghosts. I love ghost movies (still undecided on the Poltergeist remake), ghostly books, and especially ghost-hunting reality TV shows. My favourite ghost hunting show of them all is GHOST ADVENTURES.
If you’re unfamiliar with the show, it follows ghost hunting trio Zak, Nick, and Aaron as they check out the world’s most haunted locations. These dudes are all over the states, Europe, and even Japan!
Each episode starts with a local history, interviews, and a run down of the place. Then the real action starts…the lockdown. These nuts get themselves locked in hot spots known for ghost/demonic/creepy ass paranormal activity and stay there all night. And I am SO JEALOUS. I haven’t made it through an episode that didn’t involve me seething in envy. Seriously. I’m a GA groupie and I’m not ashamed.
I’ve seen almost all of the episodes so I feel I have the authority to present you with the following:
GHOST HUNTING 101 WITH JENNA
First off, you need a bad-ass-but-slightly-asthmatic-fearless leader. We’re going to go with my super hot hubby, Matt, for this role. He’s my go-to guy for middle-of-the-night noises. (I’m really — it up today).
Second, you need someone who will just go and stand in hellish hallways and basements full of dismembered dolls. I will be that part of the team, even though I’m a pretty big wimp.
Last, but not least, you need the spiritually sensitive type. I’m going with my little brother, Dustin, since he’s been having dreams about demons since he could talk. He will be the one you zoom in on as he talks about the goosebumps or cold spots in your haunted locale.
Next, you need some sick gear. As the seasons of GA went on, their gear got substantially more intense, but for a budding poltergeist enthusiast you’ll just need the basics. These all contain links so you may shop with ease.
1. Video Camera: a GoPro is going to be your best bet. They have chest harnesses and the quality is way better than your phone, and not as bulky as a hand-held unit.
2. A wireless microphone so you can hear (and later laugh at) your team’s screams of terror.
3. An old school EMF detector.
4. This isn’t really a necessity, but they’re sweet. You could pick up a spirit box. These bad boys produce white noise and sometimes pick up otherworldly voices in their frequencies. I’m legit terrified to turn one on in my basement because of what I may hear.
5. Back-up undies. No one wants to sit next to Paul the pants pisser as you go through your footage. With extra skivvies, no one will be the wiser.
Now all you need is a whole lot of courage and a spooky spot to launch your investigation. Good luck and report back with any findings.
I LOVE THIS! I’m going with you to stand in the dark basement. Yup.