Thirteen Nights of #Frightmas: A Christmas Playlist
I like Christmas crooners like Bing Crosby as much as the next gal (thanks Dad!), but sometimes, you just have to rock around the Christmas tree, am I right?
If you’re looking for a holiday playlist that will add some extra zing to your family gatherings, check out these festive tunes!
1. Merry Christmas (I Don’t Wanna Fight Tonight) – Ramones
2. Silent Night – The Dickies
3. White Christmas – Bad Religion
4. 2000 Miles – The Pretenders
5. Fairytale of New York (featuring Kirsty MacColl) – The Pogues
6. Christmas )Baby Please Come Home) – Joey Ramone
7. Blue Christmas – Misfits
8. Red Water (Christmas Mourning) – Type O Negative
9. Driven Like The Snow – Sisters of Mercy
10. We Three Kings – Lycia
11. Santa Claws is Coming To Town – Alice Cooper
12. Oi to The World – The Vandals
13. O Come All Ye Faithful – Bad Religion
14. Stuff The Turkey – Alien Sex Fiend
NOTE: Bonus tracks suggested by fellow Midnighter Brian Letendre:
15. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen: Ronnie James Dio
16. No Presents for Christmas – King Diamond
There were a few songs I couldn’t find, like Sex Pistols singing Punk Rock Christmas…but I think this list has a good mix.
What are your fave Christmas/wintry covers and tunes with a bit of an edge? Share them below and I’ll add them to the playlist!
Cool list. Only have Tales From The Crypt Album in my house.